Update: How Coronavirus (COVID-19) May Affect the Management Services Provided by JCF
25th March 2020
JCF has been taking action to ensure the safety of our employees and their families, our clients and our contractors in the current situation.
In response of the lastest announcements by the UK Government to limit the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19), we have implemented measures to continue to provide our services, but with some limitations.
Please see below on how our services will be affected.
JCF Office (reception) closure
As of today, 25th March, our office, reception and switchboard is closed until further notice. If you are unable to reach your Property Manager via the contact details provided below, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and your email will be passed on to the relevant person.
Contacting your Property Manager
Our Property Managers and supporting Admin staff are now working from home. They will have full access to our system but there might be some limitation in the services they can provide.
There may also be a delay in sending out regular invoices, circular letters to all lessees at a building and making payments to contractors.
Our Property Managers are contactable on either their email or mobile during working hours (Monday to Friday 09.00-18.00)
Full contact details of our Property Managers:
|General email email@example.com||020 8788 9700|
|ANNA LAMERS||Anna.firstname.lastname@example.org||078 4103 2035|
|ASHLEY WILKINS||Ashley.email@example.com||077 6716 5144|
|DOUGLAS OLIZAR||Douglas.firstname.lastname@example.org||077 6716 5148|
|ELENA PLETEA||Elena.email@example.com||078 4103 2034|
|ESZTER VARSZEGI||Eszter.firstname.lastname@example.org||077 6716 5150|
|GEORGINA YOUNG||Georgina.email@example.com||077 1170 1931|
|LUKE SYLVESTER||Luke.firstname.lastname@example.org||077 6716 5145|
|MARTA MOUTRAN||Marta.email@example.com||078 4103 2038|
|NATALIE INGRAM||Natalie.firstname.lastname@example.org||077 6716 5143|
|ROBIN HINDE||Robin.email@example.com||078 0229 0868|
Post – payments – demands – email
- There will be a delay in processing incoming post and we encourage everyone to avoid cheque payments where possible.
- Please make payments online or set up a Standing Order.
- If you have not yet registered for our Client Portal, please consider doing so as this gives you access to your account details. You can find the manual in this link or contact us and we can send you the manual.
- Our accounts department has full access to our Qube Property Software system and we do not expect any delays in processing payments (if made online) and allocating these to your Service Charge Account.
- We aim to send all our communications by email, and we are able to issue our invoices electronically, but only where email addresses have been provided to us.
- We therefore strongly urge all our clients to provide us with your email address without delay.
Cleaning of common areas (including where there are suspected or confirmed cases of COVID-19)
We are not yet aware of any confirmed cases of COVID-19 within the blocks we manage, but it is likely that the coronavirus will spread and we will need full co-operation from all residents in taking whatever steps are possible to avoid or minimise infecting other residents and join together in safeguarding their neighbours.
In view of the current Coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis we consider the work that our cleaning companies provide as “essential” because regular cleaning of the public areas can only help to prevent the spread of the virus. We have contacted our cleaning contractors and have asked them to adhere to the guidance provided re social distancing whilst attending a property, and to take extra precautions to safe guard their staff.
Whilst the common areas are regularly cleaned, it would be sensible if you also take common sense precautions to safeguard yourself by thoroughly washing your hands after touching hard surfaces or walls, lift call buttons, light switches etc.
Use of leisure centre (if applicable)
All leisure centre facilities have now been closed in adherence to the guidance. Residents have been informed about this decision and notices have been put up.
Site staff (if applicable)
If your block is serviced by a building/estate manager, caretaker or porter, we have provided them with general health and safety and personal hygiene guidance, including good handwashing routines and cleaning regimes.
In the event that your site staff becomes ill and needs to self-isolate we will consult with the freeholder/RTM or RMC for the block and with PHE (Public Health England) re the necessary steps to be taken and the arrangements to be made for alternative cover. In the case where there is no separate office and welfare facilities provided for the site staff – other than their flat – then it may be necessary to use part time staff and therefore it may not be possible to replicate the same level of service you are currently enjoying.
Contractor, maintenance and out of hours service
Please be aware that if you have been diagnosed with Coronavirus (or are told to self isolate), we won’t be able to attend at your property or to send contractors to you to undertake repairs etc until you are fully recovered.
Contractors can continue to provide urgent and reactive repairs and maintenance providing safe practice and social distancing is adhered to. A contractor has the right to refuse to enter if this is not the case.
Because of potential for increased calls and reduced resources, we would ask all our clients to keep in mind that our out-of-hours service may not be as swift as usual.
Meetings and site inspections
- Face to face meeting and site inspections have now been postponed until further notice.
- We are requesting that Board meetings and AGM’s are postponed.
- Our Property Managers will remain available by email and phone.
Guidance for owners & residents
We fully encourage all our clients, lessees and residents living in the developments that we manage, to follow the advice as offered by the Government.
- Stay at home
- Only go outside for food, health reasons or essential work (where this absolutely cannot be done from home)
- Stay 2 metres (6ft) away from other people
- Wash your hands as soon as you get home
If you are subletting your property, please make sure that your tenants are aware of the contents of this letter and advise you if they test positive.
- Main Government Advice Page: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
- Main NHS Advice Page: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
- Please monitor our website for more information and for any updates relating to the management of your property.