Update: How Coronavirus (COVID-19) May Affect the Management Services Provided by JCF
17th March 2020
Following on our earlier communication on how coronavirus (COVID-19) may affect the management services provided by JCF, we now want to update you about the arrangements currently in place.
We want to assure you that we have taken steps to ensure the safety of our employees and their families, of our clients and of our contractors.
JCF is following the recent advice and guidelines from the Government and Public Health England (16 March 2020), which encourages social distancing, self-isolation when required and working from home were possible.
For JCF this means that some of our staff are now working from home. They are still contactable either on their email or mobile during working hours, but there might be some limitations in the services that they can provide.
There may also be a delay in sending out regular invoices, circular letters to all lessees at a building and making payments to contractors.
Although our offices are still open, we are operating on a skeleton staff and we encourage everyone to contact us by email primarily and not visit the office if at all possible.
Full contact details of our Property Managers (click on the email address to generate an email):
|General email firstname.lastname@example.org||02087 889700|
|ANNA LAMERS||Anna.email@example.com||07841 032035|
|ASHLEY WILKINS||Ashley.firstname.lastname@example.org||07767 165144|
|DOUGLAS OLIZAR||Douglas.email@example.com||07767 165148|
|ELENA PLETEA||Elena.firstname.lastname@example.org||07841 032034|
|ESZTER VARSZEGI||Eszter.email@example.com||07767 165150|
|GEORGINA YOUNG||Georgina.firstname.lastname@example.org||07711 701931|
|LUKE SYLVESTER||Luke.email@example.com||07767 165145|
|MARTA MOUTRAN||Marta.firstname.lastname@example.org||07841 032038|
|NATALIE INGRAM||Natalie.email@example.com||07767 165143|
|ROBIN HINDE||Robin.firstname.lastname@example.org||07802 290868|
We are not aware yet of any confirmed cases of COVID-19 within the blocks we manage, but it is likely that the coronavirus will spread and we will need full cooperation from all residents in taking whatever steps are possible to avoid or minimise infecting other residents and join together in safeguarding their neighbours.
Update re leisure facilities
In some of our properties we have had to make the decision to close access to leisure facilities. Residents are being informed & notices are being put up.
We fully encourage all our clients, lessees and residents living in the developments that we manage, to follow the advice as offered by the Government.
Public Health England (PHE) recommends that the following general cold and flu precautions are taken to help prevent people from catching and spreading COVID-19:
- The most common symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) are recent onset of a new continuous cough and/or high temperature. If you have these symptoms, however mild, stay at home and do not leave your house for 7 days from when your symptoms started. You do not need to call NHS 111 to go into self-isolation. If your symptoms worsen during home isolation or are no better after 7 days, contact NHS 111 online. If you have no internet access, you should call NHS 111. For a medical emergency dial 999.
- Wash your hands more often than usual, for 20 seconds using soap and hot water, particularly after coughing, sneezing and blowing your nose, or after being in public areas where other people are doing so. Use hand sanitiser if that’s all you have access to.
- To reduce the spread of germs when you cough or sneeze, cover your mouth and nose with a tissue, or your sleeve (not your hands) if you don’t have a tissue, and throw the tissue away immediately. Then wash your hands or use a hand sanitising gel.
- Clean and disinfect regularly touched objects and surfaces using your regular cleaning products to reduce the risk of passing the infection on to other people.
If you need to self isolate or are diagnosed with the COVID-19 virus:
- Follow the self-isolation advice as provided to you by the NHS here.
- All your household waste needs to be double bagged up and/or follow specific advice as given to you by the NHS regarding the disposal of it.
- Properties with communal laundry facilities: please note that clothes, sheets and other items which have been used by someone with the virus or suspected to be infected cannot be washed in communal laundry rooms.
- Please advise your property manager of your situation.
- Please also bear in mind that if you have been diagnosed with the Corona virus (or are told to self isolate), we won’t be able to attend at your property or to send contractors to you to undertake repairs etc until you are fully recovered.
If you are subletting your property, please make sure that your tenants are aware of the contents of this letter, and advise you if they test positive.
We trust that the above information is helpful and thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Please monitor our website for more information and for any updates relating to the management of your property.